Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Video Interview


The video clip is an interview of Liz Pierson introducing her favorite picture. Liz is a very friendly and talktive interviewee. The cooperation was a happy experience of mine.

We did meet some difficulties in the process anyway. Both of us had done the whole thing twice to make a successful one. In my first time, I did not set the camera correct, so the whole video was out of focus. It was really a silly mistake!

The lighting was basically like what we did in lab. One key light from the subject's left front; two filling lights for the background. However, I failed to make the background illumination as even as it should be, and it caused some trouble later when I tried to drop out the green wall.

I asked her several questions but only kept her answer of the first question, which was a description of how she took her favorite photograph and why she was fond of it. The photograph is vertical, so I could not make it a whole background. I choosed to put it aside of the subject, as if she was pointing to it and introduce it. She had a lot of gestures when talking, so I did not create much movement of the picture, in order not to distract.

No comments:

Post a Comment